Building a new home in an established neighborhood in Calgary is very different than in the new communities surrounding the city. No matter whether you’re looking at building a new inner city home in Parkdale, Elbow Park, Scarboro, Mission or anywhere in central Calgary – let us help you to find the perfect property and create a home that fits your site and matches your unique needs.
Whether you have a lot already, or you’re just beginning to search – here are a few suggestions to help you get started when considering building in the center of town:
- Try and visit the potential homesite through the day – so you can experience the light, sounds and environment. Going on a weekday and a weekend can also show you things you didn’t expect
- Consider traffic and your routes at different times of the day.
- Do thorough research on any prospective builder. What is their history? Can you tour their work to see it for yourself?
- Find out exactly who you will be dealing with. A new home is both a lasting an intimate experience that you won’t feel comfortable collaborating with just anyone. Do you have a strong rapport with the key personalities that will take you through the entire process?
- Get educated. Ask for a detailed list of materials used, and construction techniques. There are many corners that can be cut – and so value is often found in a combination of all the details.
- Calgary does offer some great opportunities for outdoor living so – don’t forget to consider the site for fencing, decking and landscaping.
- Lastly – it should go without saying, but you should always get absolutely everything between you and the builder in writing.
Here is a list of Calgary Inner City neighborhoods. For a more complete and personalized recommendation on where you might consider building – please call me, Jim Crawford at 403-993-0350 or drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org